Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Mobile Dongle EE72E Firewall

davess
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

We have just started to use the EE72E mobile dongle.  On the whole they just work and do what we need, however 1 of the main applications we use gets blocked by the device firewall.  We have disabled the internet blocking, but this has made no difference.  It is definitely a device issue, instead of SIM/network connection - We have placed the SIM into a different manufacturer dongle and the application works as it should.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What is this application? What does it do?

Perhaps it needs port forwarding?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
davess
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the quick reply.

The application is called Mpro5 and is used for recording fridge temperatures and similar things.  The LAN IP filter is disabled, and for other mobile dongles or broadband connections we have not needed to setup an port forwarding or IP whitelisting.

Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @davess 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where did you purchase the mobile WiFi device? 

Has this worked previously? 

Leanne 🙂

davess
Investigator
Investigator

@Leanne_T 

We purchased them directly from EE earlier in the week.  This has never worked with the EE dongle, however if I use the same SIM in a different dongle it all works fine.

Thanks,

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @davess 

In this case, I would suggest getting in touch with our technical support guides who will be happy to get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

davess
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Leanne_T 

I'll try giving them a call.