cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 4G broadband via National Broadband - Massive Upload and Download Speed Drop

ManOfSorrow
Visitor

I've been using EE SIM in the TP-Link Archer router with external aerial (provided by National Broadband) since November 2023 with reasonable speeds most of the time abobe 11Mbps which allowed me to efficiently work from home as well as use the connection for leisure.

From beginning of April 2024 the speed has significantly deteriorated to a level where I cannot even share my screen via Teams as part of the job I'm doing. The dowload stays in the area of 2Mbps (or less) and upload 5Mbps. As a data engineer working from home I rely on a stabile and reasonably fast broadband. The guaranteed speed for the service is 11Mbps so way above the current measurment. I live in the BN3 area of Hove and when checking the network status on EE's website it indicates good service yet I know that it is not up to standard nor on my laptop or my mobile phone which happens to be also from EE.

I have completed all the usual troubleshooting including power cycling and restoring the router to the factory settings which has not made any difference leaving me with internet access comparable to the speeds from previous century. I am being charged mothly £40 for this miserable experience which is not a small amout of money comparing with other ISPs. 

Does anybody else experiences similar drop in speed in BN3 area or am I the only "blessed"?😞

If this issue persists I will be forced to cancel the contract and look for an alternative ISP.

image.png

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't think mobile BB is provided with any guaranteed speed.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)