cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 4G BT Router - no access to Facebook or YouTube accts

lyncaldicott
Investigator
Investigator

4G BT Router from EE - has EE sim.  Have spent hours on the phone to technical help this week but the issue is still not resolved....  

I have an IMAP email which wouldn't connect via the 4G router -  worked fine on my Iphone when connected to the same 4G network, or on laptop when teathered to the phone or on the home broadband.   This issue was sorted by tech help (I've no idea how) on Tuesday this week - we were swapping sim cards between my phone and router and some how started working and still is.... 

However since then I have no access Facebook or Youtube via the same 4G router - again, fine on all devices if using phone/hotspot or home broadband.  Error is a Connection Reset error....  

Further call to tech help today and by the end of it I had no email or facebook or youtube on router or phone!  Advised to go to nearest shop for router repair.  Given two new sim cards and emails working again but still no facebook or youtube (youtube loads but says you're not connect to the internet) other websites I've tried seem to be working fine.  

Have tried every fix I can do that google throws up including restarting router and devices, making sure proxy server is not on, refreshing dns settings, clearing cache on Chome, turning off antivirus....  etc. but nothing helps.  

Please can someone help? 

Thank you 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If the Router is an original BT one it may be the APN Profile is set to BT rather than EE, make sure the APN is set EE which is everywhere.

Also check the Authentication is set to PAP and the IPV is set to IPV4 Only and not IPV6 or IPV4,6

@EssexBoyEE , thank you 🙂

Its the router EE sent me when I signed up so that should be set right?  Pretty sure they checked all the settings and made sure there were nothing preventing access to websites when I spoke to them.

I've unchecked the IPV6 check box in the properties for the wifi network - but I cant find where to see the authentication bit ? 😞 

No not IPV4 the WiFi side.

On the Modem Cellular, it will be in the APN or Profile Settings.

IPv4/6 is not the properties of your own WiFi network but of the EE mobile network.

It could be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON . It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites. If just switching it OFF doesn't help, try switching it to STRICT, reboot your device and then switching it to OFF. That is seeming to do the trick.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Ok....  so just logged in and checked the parental controls for the router....   they were set to strict....  Ive had the router for over 6 months so no idea why that would have changed....  have changed it to Full Access so will see if that fixes it!  

Thank you so much - will let you know if it worked when Im back in the office tomorrow tomorrow  I am hopeful!!  🙂