cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DNS on router to fix issues with Sky Stream Puck

stshaw
Explorer

I am having some teething issues with my Sky Stream puck connected to my 5g EE router (which uses the mobile network). Speed seems sufficient but we occasionally lose sound when watching BBC, ITV, C4. It has been suggested that this problem can be corrected setting a different DNS server on the router. This setting seems to be locked down. Anyone know how I can get help from EE?

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stshaw,

You can contact our Technical Support Team on 07953 966 150.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Most, if not all, EE routers are unable to set the DNS. Indeed you'll be lucky to even config the DHCP.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
PaulTee
Visitor

After months of rebooting the 5gee Router and or the Sky Stream puck to get sound and vision, virtually every hour.

Many hours on the phone to helpful EE techs and unhelpful Sky techs I cancelled my agreement with Sky (22 years with them)

Is there really a successful workaround for this problem now? 

Is there any other TV streaming box showing live TV in HD like a Stream puck?