Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Smart 4G Hub contract

Tony2443
Investigator
Investigator

Spent 55 minutes on the phone earlier to simply cancel my 18 month contract

I took delivery of the hub having been  assured by a salesman that the speed , with that hub, would be much faster than using an EE SIM in a 3rd party router. It wasn't. It was much slower. This was very disappointing that  the salesman said "100%" it would be much quicker. I ordered, with an 18 month contract, on that basis.

I don't know if the salesman was deliberately misleading me. Or if he genuinely believed what he said. Either way he wasted my time and caused me to spend 55 minutes trying to cancel the contract.

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you are wanting to cease your mobile contract completely you need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your contract. Otherwise if you intend to move to another network, either taking your existing no. with you or not, get your PAC or STAC respectively from EE & give it to your new provider. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tony2443 

I am sorry to hear you would like to cancel the contract. 

How long ago did you order the EE SIM? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi

Ordered the EE sim and router on December 28th. Received the following day. I tested the speed ,and rang to cancel on the same day.

As I said above, the speed was nowhere near what I was led to believe by the salesman.  I  then spent an excruciating 55 minutes on the phone trying to cancel the contract.

Leanne_T

I am very sorry to hear this @Tony2443 

Please see our How Do I Cancel my Contract Within 14 days? Help page for ways to cancel the contract. 

Leanne. 

LowisSJL55
Explorer

Hi Tony,

I have the same issue how did you cancel in the end. What phone number did you ring?

I’ve filled in the form only to be told it’s missing information.

phoned the 079 number told they can’t do it fill in the form. Went through the BT call centre transferred to EE they couldn’t cancel!

3 days I’ve been trying & many wasted hours & still no joy. 
can you help 

Hi Leanne,

can you help me?

I need to cancel EE smart hub purchased on the 3rd of April 2024. Speeds not as promised

@LowisSJL55 : If you ordered by phone or online you always have a statutory cooling-off period up to 14 days after delivery to cancel your order FoC. If you ordered in-store you have no such "change-of-mind" right of return.

Any speeds you would have been quoted would have been estimates not guaranteed.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T

Hi @LowisSJL55 

I am sorry to hear you have been unable to start the return, where did you purchase the device? 

You can find full details on how to return the device on our Returning a device or SIM within 14 days, page. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne,

I’ve tried all the routes you’ve suggested & haven’t been able to cancel the contract.
I have had the 4G Mobile smart hub for 9 days but it has only been activated for 6 of the 9.
It is not a case of speed, there’s no signal. I apparently live in a black spot.
I’ve been passed from pillar to post with no success.

Kind Regards
Sheila

Sent from my iPhone