cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archer Tp-Link Router EE unlimited sim very slow.

PeterBezz
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Archer Tp-Link MR500 router with an external antenna (live in  rural Lincolnshire) using EE unlimited sim, I have had this setup for 10 months with a download speed of about 25mbs . This past month or so the download speed has dropped between 1.5 and 4 mbs. I have checked the antenna done a reset on the router and the problem is still there.
Taken the sim card out and put it back etc. On the router there is a 4G light which is now not lit and only 1 bar instead of 3 on the signal strength meter. Can anyone help please?

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PeterBezz 

Welcome to the community.

Could you check your postcode on our coverage & network status checker please? It will let you know if we're aware of any maintenance works in the area that could be causing slower speeds.

Chris

PeterBezz
Investigator
Investigator

I have already checked that multiple times, this problem has been on going for a coupe of months, this mornings speed is 0.65 mbs :-(.  At £37.00 a month I would expect a lot more than that.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I would suggest discussing this with our technical support team so that they can look into this further for you, @PeterBezz 

Chris

PeterBezz
Investigator
Investigator

Will do, I shall give them a call.

Thanks

PeterBezz
Investigator
Investigator

I have called EE who said the fault is a local mast, I was told "engineers" have been out to the mast on a regular basis for the past 6 weeks and the fault is still not fixed.  Not very good service is it?

PeterBezz
Investigator
Investigator

You pay a lot of money to advertise on TV that you can land a plane from someone's living room yet it's taking longer than 6 weeks to fix a mast that is providing poor service.

Shellyschmoo
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, where abouts in Lincs are you? Did you get the problem fixed? I only ask as we are in lincs and having the exact same problem!!

Humberston just south of Cleethorpes. 

We have the exact same problem in Boston Lincolnshire. Does anybody know why it is really really frustrating watching the buffering circle.