Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GEE Router 5G network drop outs

Xtopher
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

Had a 5GEE Router 2021 since Feb 2023, hooked up to external antenna (which previously ran 4G routers), and its been flawless til the last few weeks. I now keep getting random dropouts of internet connection, noticeable as my Sonos stops and Home Assistant dashboards freeze. Sometimes they come back on their own, but often I will have to go into the router GUI and disconnect/reconnect.

All the time the router claims it is connected and on 5G (4 of 5 bars). It has connected to the same mast all the time and the stats don't seem to have changed. We are quite far from the mast but have line of sight as we're on top of a hill and so is the mast and its been solid til now. 

Network name: EE
Network type: 5G
RSRP: -88 dBm
RSSI: -76 dBm
Band: B3+N28
Cell ID: 7388931

Have there been any firmware updates or changes that could have caused it? I did get a text a few weeks back saying they were doing work in the area but I think it started before that. 

Bit annoying this was rock solid and now seems a bit flakey. 
23 REPLIES 23
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Xtopher,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does the network status checker report any problems in your area?

James

Xtopher
Investigator
Investigator

Ah now I should have thought of that!!! 

Xtopher_0-1685014162758.png

Looks like I should contact them. 

I did try putting the router on 4G only (B3+B3) and it seemed a little more stable but still dropping out, so didnt fix it. I did notice the 4G download speed was very slow, ~10-15Mbps compared to the usual minimum 30-60+. Upload seemed fine at ~60. 

Xtopher
Investigator
Investigator

Just tried to submit a fault and it says its failed to submit the form 😞

James_B

Hi @Xtopher,

I'd recommend seeing if things improve over the next few days in case there are some ongoing maintenance works in your area.

If you continue to experience the same issues, please raise a ticket with the status checker. Please try a different web browser if you see an error message.

James

BartyParty
Visitor

I have this exact same issue. Tried all sorts and everything I could find on this forum. Been flakey since it arrived. Seems ok during the day but regular dropouts through the evening and claiming 4-5 bars of 5g coverage. Also tried switch Ming to 4g only and still drops out but my phone never has an issue. Really disappointed with this product now

Leanne_T

Hi @BartyParty 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please get in touch with our tech gurus, they can run through some troubleshooting with you to get this looked into. 

Leanne. 

Kirsty1011
Explorer

I've got the same issue! Sonos & connection drops out a few times an hour even though all lights are green 

Christopher_G

Have you spoken to our technical support team, @Kirsty1011?

Chris

not2ropey
Investigator
Investigator

I’m in Shrewsbury and have had the same issue since April. Two people in my village also the same issues with 5GEE routers. I have a complaint running due to the lack of motivation of EE support staff to investigate. All things point to software updates done to the network between April and June. Rather than accept an apology and small payment for the inconvenience, i have kept the complaint open and I’m asking them to investigate a permanent fix. There is a workaround which I’m currently testing and it appears to fix the issue.