cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4gee hub - horrific service

mart031
Investigator
Investigator

I'm a new customer to EE. In the first few days of my contract the service is horrific. Internet constantly drops out, it's painfully slow, and now my hub's status is No Sim . Turning the hub on and off restores service for a few minutes, but then the hub disconnects once more.

I called EE 3 days in a row and on each occasion gave up after being on hold for 30mins.

Shocking customer experience. So bad that in less than one week I've gone back to BT broadband.

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mart031,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What does the coverage checker report for your location?

James

I have had a 4 gee wifi device for nearly 2 years now and it has been absolutely terrible, when I called customer support over a year ago they told me this model of device is faulty and they cant change it, and I would have to wait for my contract to end to get a new device, I use this for work and have to use to the office suppliers internet as well which means I am paying for 2 internet services, because I have been conned by EE     

Katie_B

Hello @Bobbydhami

Welcome to the community. 

Do you currently use a service from another provider that you are paying for?

Did the team run a diagnostics on your device?

Katie

Hi Bobby

I was fortunate in that I was sent from BT to EE. So cancelling EE and going back to BT was easy.

However, I did actually work out the problem with my EE hub. It was indeed a faulty. But not, as it turned out, electronically. The issue was with the tab covering the slim slot. It's not strong enough to hold the sim in. The spring load system pushes against the tab and moves it incrementally out of the slot. The movements are tiny, but with each one the performance of the hub drops off. The tab doesn't actually come all the way out. It just allows the sim to travel far enough to stop it working. I fixed the hub by wrapping tape around the hub and over the tab. Just putting a piece of tape over the tab isn't enough to hold the sim in place. It took wrapping it tightly around the hub to hold the sim in.

Even although I got the hub to work I've still gone back to BT. By the time I worked out what was causing the problem I had already made up my mind.

Coverage in my area is excellent.

I worked out what was wrong and it's explained in a reply I made to another user in the thread.

Hello Katie

No the provider is EE 

yes they run a diagnostic test and I was told a year ago that the model of the wifi device I have has issues which is known to EE, and its a manufacturing defect, I am not able to come out of my contract as it is for 2 years and EE said there is noting they can do, So I have been paying for a service that does not provide, and I have been using EE 4 gee mywifi devices since 2014, and none of the previous devices I had had an issue  

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Bobbydhami

If you are continuing to have these issues I would recommend giving us another call to see if anything else can be offered. 

Katie