cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE speed steedily declining

Bella33
Contributor
Contributor

I have the 4GEE Home 18m 200GB plan which started in April 2022. Initially I was getting speeds of over 50 at times, mostly over 40, and rarely below 30. In recent months I started to notice things slowing down. I now rarely get over 20 and often it is below 10, nearer to 5. I have rebooted the 4G router and checked my wifi. With my plan ending soon I am considering options, including Starlink. I am in the Highlands and probably connect to the Foyers mast by Loch Ness. Would 4G+ be available to me here and how would I get it? Would an external antenna make any difference bearing in mind I was getting up to 60 with my current set up. What started as a fantastic service has become very disappointing!

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Katie

I have now been able to try this on an Android tablet, but I'm still not getting the 'Start conversation' button.  I will have access to a laptop tomorrow and can try that, but this is getting very frustrating!

This link explains EE's 4G+ service.  The news item is dated Feb 2020 so has the service been discontinued or automatically included in standard 4G?     https://www.4g.co.uk/news/what-is-4g-plus-ee/

Look forward to hearing from you.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bella33 

Regular 4G will give you the fastest available 4G speeds, as long as your plan allows it. I've checked too and I get a 'start conversation' button on the get in touch help page too. Hopefully you can get access on another device or by giving us a call.

Chris

Hi Chris

I've now been able to get the 'start conversation' button on a laptop.  Despite stating "Message one of our experts online"  it simply connected me to an automated chatbot which could not deal with my question or refer me to a real person who could.  Is this the best a communications company can do?  How do I access human technical assistance via live chat?

Thanks

Ian

Leanne_T

Hi @Bella33 

In this case, for technical support and to get this looked into please call us from any phone and the team will be happy to help. 

Please see our Contact us | Get in touch for help and support | EE for contact details. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne

You will see from my earlier comments that my phone suffers from the poor 4G connection so unless there is a live chat function I cannot reliably communicate on this matter!  For a communications company you have very limited functionality in this regard!  It's looking increasingly likely I will have to go to Starlink when my contract expires.  Any ideas to help me gratefully received!

Ian

Leanne_T

Hi @Bella33 

Sorry for technical support you would need to contact us from any mobile or landline. 

You can raise a complaint here Make a complaint (ee.co.uk) and one of the team will get back to you on the details provided once this has been looked into. 

Leanne.