cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn on 'Roam worldwide' and 'Call abroad and make premium rate calls'

Trotty2207
Investigator
Investigator

Hello in the MyEE app im unable to activate the 'Roam worldwide' and 'Call abroad and make premium rate calls' both options are permanently set to blocked and when I try to activate them it delivers the following error code A4.41.0-a7a0a. I've spoken to customer support who have ensured me my roaming is activated and not to worry about it. My question is that I'm not to worry about these options then why are they there if roaming can be activated without them? I'm supposed to be going to the United States soon and don't want to lose access to my phone and have to go through the rigmarole of having to speak to CS whilst abroad. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Trotty2207 

You can try texting ROAMING to 150 for reassurance. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're just going to have to trust what C/S have told you and cross your fingers!

If you're desperately worried, call C/S again and see if you get the same answer.

There's no account access on this forum, so we can't tell you for sure either way.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Trotty2207 

You can try texting ROAMING to 150 for reassurance. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're just going to have to trust what C/S have told you and cross your fingers!

If you're desperately worried, call C/S again and see if you get the same answer.

There's no account access on this forum, so we can't tell you for sure either way.

Yeah just have to hope for the best I guess I must admit EE isn't as simple as my last network (Three) if I'm honest with them you select roaming on and that's it done it shows up in the app roaming activated no idea why EE need to complicate things. Thank you for your help @bristolian much appreciated 😁

rebeccasturdy
Explorer

I'm so relieved to have come across someone else who is having the same trouble. I'm having exactly the same problem as you. I moved to EE Mobile from another provider in November. I found that I was also unable to turn on Roam Worldwide and call abroad from the MY EE app. And it's exactly the same in my EE account on the internet. If I try to turn on either option in the app or my account online, they go straight back to blocked mode, with a message in red, saying that they've been unable to be turned on. I've rung EE customer support about it too, and they told me that they'd turned those options for me and said that they were showing as both activated, at their end. But those options are showing as permanently blocked at my end, for me too. EE have said that my account is fine at their end, and for me to not worry as both those options have been activated. So I know how you're feeling about it all. I'm with you on this. Apart from this problem, I think EE is great, though. But this problem does need to be sorted out, I agree.

R J Sturdy
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rebeccasturdy.

Welcome to the community.

Has it been over 24 hours since our Mobile Care team activated your roaming from our end?

Chris

Yes. I contacted EE Customer Support in December about it, and they activated it then. But it's still showing as blocked at my end either through the My EE app or on the internet. I contacted live chat about it last night, and the agent thinks it's a glitch that on the system that is preventing me to be able to turn that option on or off myself or the calling abroad option on or off myself, from either the app or on the internet. She said that she'd have a word with her manager, about some customers having trouble with their accounts.

R J Sturdy
Christopher_G

Thanks @rebeccasturdy

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Hi have had exactly the same issue with no help other than customer service saying it’s fine and should work. I joined back in September and made several attempts to get it resolved until I gave up. No confidence it will work when I travel. Happy with the ee service otherwise but will have to go back to Vodafone once my contract is up as I need the confidence it will work. 

Hi I’m also having the exact same problem was a solution found.

Leanne_T

Morning @Thewaz

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Is the option to turn on Roam Abroad and Call Abroad and Premium Rate calls, showing as blocked within your My EE account? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.