cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking EE products

Cbrett3
Explorer

Hello

I am having a few issues with my EE account. I have a pay as you go sim which should have money on it however i am now abroad in the USA and it won’t let me send any texts. I was told to keep the number active I will need to text on the number once a month. So I topped up in England last month and haven’t sent a text message since however none of my messages are sending from this mobile number? I am trying to link the phone to an EE account which I have set up however it is not finding any products when I click link products so I am unsure what to do as I can’t check the balance because I can’t link the phone to an EE account and I won’t be able to top up either as this is one of the older phones which does not support the new EE app so I have to do it via website. I also can not call 150 because it does not connect the call. Can someone please help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

When you link a product it doesn't look for products. It wants you to add your mobile no. In your online MyEE: Home > Plans & Subs > Manage numbers > Add another number > Link EE mobile or SIM.

Had you used that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? To be used abroad EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello

ive looked all over the home page I only see link products button I don’t see anything called plans and subs I only see link products ? I think it would have been activated in the uk as it was done in the shop and the women helping me says it has been activated, is there a way we can check this is true?

thanks 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cbrett3,

Did you use the SIM in the UK? To complete the activation, you'd need to make a call, send a text or use mobile data.

James

Unlikely the shop made a call or sent a text or used data at your expense. All she did is stick the SIM in the phone correctly & made sure it was connected to the network w/out actually using it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)