cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear app cache on Android phones

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If the My EE app is not working for you then clearing the app's cache/data might help.

1. Open Settings and select Apps.

Alex_M_0-1687766298066.png

2. Tap on the app you want to clear app data for and select Storage.

Alex_M_1-1687766331596.png
  3. Tap Clear data and Clear cache.

img-07 copy.png
  4. Open the My EE app and log in.

If you are still experiencing issues, try reinstalling the My EE app.

You can text APP to 150 to re-download the latest version of the app or click the buttons below.

Alex_M_3-1687766544821.png      Alex_M_4-1687766558810.png

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
15 REPLIES 15

I have done all that, the phone is a Samsung s22 ultra

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Are you using Microsoft Edge as the web browser on your phone? @Greendog 

If so, can you go into Settings for Microsoft Edge, select Privacy and Security, Block opening external apps, and turn this off. 

Then close and reopen the app, can you now complete the set up? 

Leanne.

No the sends to Samsung browser , I've checked settings and no blocks on there, app still doesn't work. Deleted the app now, not worth the hassle

Leanne_T

Thanks if nothing is showing as blocked @Greendog, please call us on 150 and the team will get this looked into in more detail for you. 

Leanne.

I had the same problem for a few weeks then it just let me one day, i don't recall doing anything to my phone🤷‍

I frequently have issues logging in on the app & online then it will be perfectly OK for a period then like 20 minutes ago I had to attempt login several times. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Vanguard1 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Can you access the EE app and EE account online this morning with no log in errors? 

Leanne 🙂