cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Security

Jupiter12
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having problems with the fingerprint login access system, which seems to have disappeared. I used the steps stated on this page. I checked my settings on my EE account, which are set for fingerprint access and reset my phone. Still no joy.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance 

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jupiter12

Welcome to the community.

What kind of phone do you have?

When you say you've reset it, do you mean you've reset it back to factory settings?

We'll do our best to help.

Chris

Hi,

Same issue for me on a Samsung S21. Worked fine until the last app update a week or so ago.

Extra info: If I log in via username/password, switch fingerprint log-in off and then on again in settings then the next time the app is opened the fingerprint works and continues to work as long as the app remains open 'in the background'. If I close all or restart the phone the app reverts back to username/password again.

Christopher_G

Hi @Raxxla

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried backing up all of your information and restoring your phone to factory settings?

Chris

HI,

Before such extremes I tried deleting the EE App data and cache and that appears to have worked a charm.

Christopher_G

Good stuff, thanks for sharing that, @Raxxla. 🙂

Chris

I have a Motorola edge lite. I cannot find where to set up fingerprint login anywhere on the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still nothing. Exactly where on the my ee app do you go to set this up. 

I have tried account settings and the only thing I can do is change password. 

Annoying as I have memory problems and fingerprint login was so much easier.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Recently the MyEE app on Android has asked for a password every time I login, I think EE have broken something and will need to fix it.

Works fine on iOS.

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

My EE app working fine on Android, on a Pixel 2, with fingerprint reader. Able to login, no problems.

Same here wi s21. Pain in **bleep** and another reason to leave ee when contract is up