cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee a mightmare

jimbo547392830
Explorer

Why is the app never working .for months now I e had to pay my bill by icking on pay someone else's bill, now the browser dont even work what is happening to ee 

.I've uninstalled restalked cleared cache done everything possible none of it works irs so frusying then all I get on 150 is please call us only to be told no one there till morning its do frustrating  I spend small fortune with ee .I'm now leaving ee I think this is ridiculous 

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jimbo547392830 

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to access your account now?

Chris

Daminous
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, @jimbo547392830 

If you are like me you'll of found there is two versions of the app on the Apple and Google stores depending on your phone, and in my case as I  have upgraded to full fibre I found the app didn't work great anymore. SURPRISE, I found  that the two apps are differnet and sunced to the two different internet briadbands, so I ended up downloading the new EE app (EE, not EE Home) and then having to create a whoole new EE-ID via a phone call to customer support to send me the invite to set everything up. 

My understanding is that eventually everything will merge into one thing, but for the time being it's a two app thing depending on whther you are on EE vs. New EE which everyone is being migrated over to eventually.  EE operational hours are 8am – 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 8pm Saturday and Sunday so there should always be someone there to help out and if you don't want to use the 150 then use the number that is on users manual that came with your broad band as most times I've found the 0800 version (old EE) or 0330 1234 150.  I find going first thing in the moring is best between 8-8:30am and everything goes smoothly.  Even the app's have 60% access  currently on things as the apps are still being built and new features added in.  For the view my bill it wouldn't work until the customer service did the EE-ID run through with me and activated everything. 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@jimbo547392830 have you called customer services and requested that they reset your online account? 

@Daminous  EE home is for home broadband and always has been It even says it’s for broadband.    The mobile app used to be called My EE it just got a name change to EE and this is for you guessed it your phone.   

Screenshot_20240301-001456.png

Screenshot_20240301-001517.png

@Chris_B Yes, but the problem is  on both Google and Apple's stores you have two versions of the EE app now. 

1. EE Home (Legacy EE)

2. EE: Game, Home, Work & Learn (New EE/BT for Fibre broadband, Digital voice only customers)

This is where everything becomes even more messed up because when you  upgrade, migrate across you have to create a whole new login via customer service called EE-ID which only works on the EE: Game, Home, Work & Learn app, it doesn't work on the old EE Home and even your full fibre letter informs you of this with your new system packages, new router etc.

When you upgrade, move across everything is completely different and I now until EE shuts down my old legacy account for the broadband, home phone and merges it with the "New EE" I have two functioning accounts, and two apps, so per  EE's operators they told me to delete the EE home, and now only access my old legacy via the website under my old login's. Everything is coming over to the new app, but it's takes a while to do (per EE's customer service).  People are trying to do everything via the old legacy app which doesn't give you the access, you need the new app and new login to the site. 

After 14 days they'll contact me again when they have everything merged, refunds for monies owed and then my entire EE history will be under the "New EE" system, even my mobile is pending currently to transfer over and then it's a simple switch of email addresses again.  The whole activation, migration is a total mess and that is what people are angry about as the app is a play by numbers being built from the ground up as it incorporates the old BT-ID system, even the payment system is messed up and I had to get customer service to go in and set it up because it authorize on the app. 

On the new letters you get it's all new call numbers, gives you links, even tells you you can't access things without your new EE-ID and the EE: Game, Home, Work & Learn app. It's currently this messed up that if I phone EE using my mobile it puts me through to the legacy team, but if I phone the exact same number via digital voice it takes me through to the "New EE" team,  which is basically the same people regardless can access through their screens, you just appear depending on which you are still synced too.

It's the same with the routers,  I had the new Smart Hub less than 2 months and  they've replaced it already with the new Wifi 6 Smart Hub plus  and even put it in the new letters they send you stating send the White hub back and only use the new Black one, even my installation doesn't have that eye sore grey CSP, extra splicing, outside and  installed the new internal one and ran all new Cat7 fibre cables round my house, as the order went through to Openreach and a new engineer  (not a previous third party Openreach cowboy). All I got when I questioned was we're "future proofing" compared to everyone else's house that  has the two stage installations, outside CSP and are stuck on Wifi 4 or 5 only unless they pay for meters and meters of ethernet cables to pipe their homes for a hard wire.