Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE - Complaints Process

asd_
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @EE, 

I am a EE customer and the last 2 bills I recieved were not clear in what am being charged for. I called up EE today and explained to the EE customer service rep that the bill has reference to charges which are not correct even though the charges maybe correct. At the end of the 20min call I asked for the complaints process. A complaint was raised on my behalf and I got a sms with the complaints number. I asked the EE rep on the phone what is the complaints process and she said somebody would be in touch from EE. After I kept the phone down I got another sms saying my complaint is now closed. 

It was strange as no one from EE got in touch with me before closing the complaint I myself raised. I know all calls are recorded and have made a note of the EE rep I was speaking to.

I again called and  was told the same EE rep closed my complaint after the call. I am  not what EE's customer complaint process is. I looked up the website and it gives me a form no where explains what the process exactly is. What timelines are followed and how is a customer complaint exactly resolved. How can EE representatives close a customer complaint without talking to the customer first? I have not seen this for any other brand/company before. 

EE can you explain and help the EE community by pointing us to the correct link to understand EE's complaints procedure.

I can see this web link but where are your timelines and how they are resolved. 

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint

In the above link where does it explain how a complaint is resolved which a customer has raised. If a EE representative can themselves close a complaint then what the point of raising it in the first place. 

I don't understand. After both my complaints were closed on their own by EE staff without talking to me, I filled the online webform and I am yet to receive a confirmation or email for my complaint. Where has my webform complaint gone? 

I need to speak to some senior EE customer service to understand what is happening and why has EE such poor customer service when it comes to complaints handling. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @asd_ 

I'm sorry to hear of your experience, the complaint shouldn't have been closed if you haven't agreed a resolution. I can see @XRaySpeX has posted the information that you were looking for.

Chris

Thanks. I have followed the process of raising the complaint however the way EE dealt with it was not correct. EE representative closed two complaints without even explaining or talking to me. They were closed within 5mins of raising them. I need an explanation from EE on that.

I also filled the webform online as a third complaint and got to acknowledgment via email or sms or complaint number for that complaint. Which is so strange. It's been 2 days. I am not sure EE is even following their own documented complaints procedure. 

---------------

As per EE complaints document (link and blurb below) .... None of this was followed for 2 complaints I myself raised over the phone. For the third complaint raised via the webform I got no acknowledgment via email or sms. Stage 1 protocol was not followed. I need to take this to Stage 2 protocol. 

Link - https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-april-2018.pdf

Thanks @Christopher_G . I have followed the process of raising the complaint however the way EE dealt with it was not correct. EE representative closed two complaints without even explaining or talking to me. They were closed within 5mins of raising them. I need an explanation from EE on that.

I also filled the webform online as a third complaint and got to acknowledgment via email or sms or complaint number for that complaint. Which is so strange. It's been 2 days. I am not sure EE is even following their own documented complaints procedure. 

---------------

As per EE complaints document (link and blurb below) .... None of this was followed for 2 complaints I myself raised over the phone. For the third complaint raised via the webform I got no acknowledgment via email or sms. Stage 1 protocol was not followed. I need to take this to Stage 2 protocol. 

Link - https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-april-2018.pdf

Christopher_G

Hi @asd_ 

Sorry to hear that. Our complaints team will be in touch with you in reply to the webform in due course. Hopefully they can find a resolution with you when they do.

Chris

Raise a formal complaint that your previous complaints did not follow EE's Code of Practice 😆.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Morning @Christopher_G 

I am not sure I fully understand EE complaints process and if its properly being followed by EE customer care.

I filled the online webform on 11th Sep and have received NO sms or email confirming the same and even what my complaint number is? How can EE ask a customer to fill up a complaints webform and fail to provide a complaints reference number via email and phone number post submitting. My email and phone no. both were provided via the complaints webform. So where is my complaints reference number?

It's been 5 working days. I got an sms yesterday that someone from EE will be calling from a mobile number? Strange... why would I trust someone calling me from a mobile number. Anyhow I was busy and missed the call but obvious as I was given a sms 5mins before the call.

EE need to reach out to me via email which I have provided as part of my complaint... provide me with a complaints reference number as per my customer rights and provide me with options and date/times when I will be available to take their call to resolve this. 

EE cannot reach out to me 5mins before a call and expect me to be around to pick it up. Totally unacceptable. 

If I don't get an email from EE stating my complaints reference as per the complaints webform I filled up online and summarising my complaints, with optics of possible date and time when I will be around to take the call I would like to take my complaint to Step 2 /Stage 1.

I am appalled with the complaints process by EE and how EE advisors are handling customer complaints and closing complaints on their behalf without talking to them first. 

James_B

Hi @asd_,

I'm sorry to hear you missed a call from our complaints team. They will continue trying until they reach you.

They'll also be able to share your complaint number and answer any other questions you have.

Thanks

James