cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing EE ID that is associated with forum account?

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Is there a way to change the EE ID that my Community account is associated with?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks just wanted to make sure before editing the post @bobpullen 

I will respond to the PM thank you 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T

Hi @bobpullen 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Would you like to change the username or email address associated with your community account? 

Leanne 🙂

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Leanne_T - my username is fine, it's the EE ID login that gets me here that I'd like to change (I have two EE accounts) i.e.

I currently log into the Commmunity using EE ID now@domain.tld and it is linked to the forum account I am posting this from.
I want to be able to log into the Community using the EE ID then@domain.tld instead, yet have it link to the same forum account (so I don't lose posting history/badges etc.) 

Leanne_T

Hi @bobpullen 

Thanks for coming back to me, are those the email addresses that you use as a login and would like to change? 

Leanne.

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Leanne_T - no, they are examples.

I'll PM the 'real' addresses across to you.

Leanne_T

Thanks just wanted to make sure before editing the post @bobpullen 

I will respond to the PM thank you 🙂

Leanne.

Login to your online MyEE as now@domain.tld & Edit your email addy in your Profile, logout & then login again as then@domain.tld .

No need to PM your true email addys to anyone. The principle is the same.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@XRaySpeX - I don't think that will work.

then@domain.tld is already associated with an EE account that carries various live subscription services. now@domain.tld doesn't have any services associated with it, but is currently linked to my forum account.

I doubt I can update the email address for the 'now' account to that of the 'then' account because surely two accounts cannot co-exist with the same email ID? Even if this is possible, it doesn't resolve the situation; I would still have my forum account associated with an ID that is separate to one which has my active services on it.

Ah, OK, I didn't understand that then@domain.tld was already the EE username of another existing MyEE.

It seems to me that all you need to do is swap the now@domain.tld & then@domain.tld usernames. Can you generate another email addy to do the swap thro'?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@XRaySpeX - thanks, I did consider using a transitional email address to get the 'now' address across to the 'new' account but was nervous about was problems it might create.

All sorted now by @Leanne_T (thanks Leanne).