cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is useless

Maz-15
Investigator
Investigator

Reluctantly, I have just moved to EE from Plusnet.  I loved Plusnet, the signal was great, the customer service was great and of course the free roaming was great.  Also, the Plusnet app was great - it showed all my calls, all my SMS and data used.  Why doesn't the EE app show calls made or SMS sent?  I like to see what I have actually used and, after all, I am paying for the service so I should have all the information.  To me, this app seems like a waste of space on my phone.  Luckily, I am only on a 30 day rolling contract so I could leave but I wanted to keep the EE signal.  Maybe I have to try Lyca?????

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Maz-15,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thanks for your feedback on your experience with the EE app.

You can view your remaining allowances from the home screen of the app, and see records of your calls and texts in your dialler and messaging apps respectively.

If you require itemised billing, our Customer Care Team will be happy to set this up for you.

James

Yes, I can see the remaining data on the app but I can also see how much data I have used by looking at my phone, not the app.  I can also see who I have sent an SMS to or called without using the EE app.  But that doesn't tell me if, for instant, I sent an SMS to a number, perhaps a short code, that is not included in my package or a call to a premium number.  This should all show in the app.  I don't actually see the point of having the app taking up space on my phone. 
I have also discovered that if I go on holiday and it straddles 2 billing periods I have to pay either an extortionate daily rate or buy a £25 bundle which is pro-rata for the end of one billing period then I have to pay £25 for another month, of which I might only want a week.  Of course, all this was included on Plusnet.  It is indeed a sad day that Plusnet is not continuing as a mobile provider. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Maz-15,

Any charges outside of your plan, such as a text to a short code, would be listed under 'Extra charges' in the allowances section of the EE app.

If you add the Roam Abroad Pass in the middle of your monthly billing period then the cost in the first month will be prorated.

Hope this helps.

James