cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add myself as user when partner is bill payer???

BobbyGooding
Investigator
Investigator

Just got a new sim only from EE but got it through my partner’s account because she is long time customer and got 30% discount.

Everything I’m reading online says I should be able to be added to the sim as a user so I can view data usage etc whilst she remains the bill payer/account holder… but I can’t for the life of me find that option anywhere.

If I try link the phone number to my EE account it says it’s already linked.

Various references in older posts to “bill payer” setting in “My EE” on these community posts but those options don’t seem to exist anymore?

Is there a way my phone number can be linked to my EE account as a user whilst remaining on my partner’s account as the bill payer?

12 REPLIES 12
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BobbyGooding 

Welcome to the community.

You can only have one login per account. If your partner is the account holder, you wouldn't be able to have a separate login to view the bill details.

Chris

@Christopher_G : But can't they have a separate a/c as a "User" of the same no. to be able to view allowances & their balances only?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So this is a feature that used to exist so I can see data allowance etc on a separate account but EE have decided to remove that feature? That’s why I can’t find it? 

James_B

Hi @BobbyGooding,

Are you the bill payer for another EE product?

If you are, you may need to use a different email address to setup a user account for the phone linked to your partner's account.

James

No I’m not, this is a brand new EE account for myself, whilst my partner has been with EE many years on her account. 

Really just wondering if it’s even still possible or if the ability to do this has been removed since the older posts I see, then I can stop trying. 😂

James_B

You should still be able to register as a user, @BobbyGooding 

If you continue to have issues, don't hesitate to get in touch with Technical Support.

James

Are you able to explain how I would do this? Only potential option I see that might be the way is “link sim to account” which eventually asks are you the bill payer. If I say no, it says you must be bill payer. If I say yes it says already linked to another account. 

James_B

Hi @BobbyGooding,

Are you using the 'link a product' tile in the EE app?

During setup you should be presented with an option to register as a user if this account role isn't already linked to another email address. (Technical Support can check this for you)

James

Yeah that’s the option I’m using, I enter the phone number, get a confirmation code by sms, then get this page which says only the bill payer can link. 

IMG_0036.jpeg