cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4gee mini wifi

Aaron128
Visitor

I just got a new 4gee WiFi mini and it's all set up and working but when I try to add the number to my account it says it recognises it as the 4gee WiFi mini but won't allow me to actually link the phone number? I know there's links to top up and see data usage but is there any fix to being able to link it to my account?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Aaron128   What fix ?   I got mine setup on my EE account without issues.    If I remember correctly you link the account number that the Wi-Fi device is on your your my EE account not the SIM card number. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Aaron128

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Are you adding the number to an existing My EE account or setting up a new one? 

Do you get an error message? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices or at least those with data SIMs. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using your device but you just can't register it to MyEE.

1. Use Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no.
  2. Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from the device will tell you your usage.
  3. Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from the device to buy add-ons.

These should still work.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX is correct, when using a MiFi or LTE Router Device, it doesn't always like it when trying to registering the Sim on the App or Web My EE Page.

My belief in the past is that you are using a Second Device through the Router or MiFi Data Gateway in order to try and Register and its showing to EE as a Device + 1 Device (2nd Device behind the Router) so it seems to fail and fails miserably on Preloaded Data and PAYG Monthly Data Sims. 

Im not sure how EE recognises Device Info against the Sim No and Phone Number but I'm guessing it grabs the Devices IMEI / Lookup in the Background somehow, and gets the + 1 Device that the User is using to try and Register with rather than the actual Routers Info. 

You could try this for the first time Registration, as I've done this in the past to get around the issue, Remove the Sim from the MiFi Device and put it into a Phone, then use the Phones own Mobile Data (not WiFi) to go through the Registration Process, when or if successful, the Sim Phone Number appears on the My EE Account but at some stage with the wrong Device Info, when you put the Sim back in the MiFi, at some point the Device Info will change to either show Nothing or Device is Unrecognised, but don't worry about The Device Info. 

@EssexBoyEE ; I'm not sure I can accept your theory about a 2nd EE device being used to register the MBB router thro' the router & getting confused between them. I have only tried to register a MBB router from a connected non-EE device. There is no 2nd EE device involved.

Once my 12-month data SIM expired thro' lack of use, I have since only obtained free data SIMs & registered them directly by putting them an unlocked phone 1-by-1. That always works.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)