cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

told two different things about end of plan charges

georgina72
Investigator
Investigator

My contract with EE ended last July and I was automatically moved to a rolling monthly plan. It's super expensive for what I need so I decided to buy a sim card with another provider and switch to that. When I requested my PAC number, I was told (via automated text) that to leave my contract would cost nearly 170! Which makes no sense, as I don't have a contract.

I then got a text from 85075 which stated it will cost me 0 to leave, I just have to give 30 days notice.

I can't get through to a human to talk to them. Any ideas why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Mobile service contracts in the UK aren't fixed-term contracts that end on a certain date - it would follow that your service also ends with it. You have a rolling contract with a minimum term. Many people move to a SIM-only plan on their minimum term date to reduce the cost, and nothing else changes.

You'd have to ask your other provider about your service with them, but any pay-monthly contract will normally have a minimum term of 12, 18 or 24 months unless you specifically chose a 30day-only deal.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If your contract min. term ended last July you are free to leave. If you use a PAC to port your no. to another network you don't even need to give 30 days notice. The completion of the porting auto cancels your EE contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, that's what I think too! I'm just confused why they've given me two different prices - £170 and zero!

I guess then that there's a mistake somewhere, so probably nothing to do except try to get through to a human to clarify.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)