cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving ee

tylerjamesbone
Visitor

Hello, I would like to cancel my ee contract.

I currently have  monthly direct debit for a small portable internet device that I don't actually use.

therefore I would like to cancel this service please, but I am finding it very difficult to even speak with somebody on the phone to do so.

Tyler.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to contact EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your mobile contract. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. (Opt 2) in my sig.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to contact EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your mobile contract. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. (Opt 2) in my sig.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@tylerjamesbone  You just have to give 30 day’s notice and the best way is to speak with customer services.   If your still within the contract period then you’ll be required to pay off that contract and you have to be told how much that will be so you have to speak with customer services to be told that. 

I did that a month ago and am still being charged ,not only that ,it has also gone up £12 !!!! Direct debit cancelled now

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Thorbes20041

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

How did you place your cancellation?

Did you request a PAC code?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi ,I requested info about current contract and someone called me so I said I wanted to cancel my contract as I already have an EE PAYG in place. This was over a month ago so I am not best pleased to see an £88 bill with no signs of cancellation.

Regards Clint

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Thorbes20041 

When did you speak to someone? When cancelling, you're giving 30 days notice and the contract cancels 30 days later.

Chris