cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with EE?

DaveP1963
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Over the last few months I've had to complain numerous times about network outages in and around the Oban area where I live, and I've had to be quite blunt (but not abusive) at times to get responses.

I had indicated on Twitter (or X)  that I'd had enough and I would be leaving EE when my current contract ended but I was impressed with the way the complaint was handled so, having been a customer since 2016, I changed my mind. What a mistake!

I was thinking about either an early upgrade or an additional device. However, at first I couldn't find out where I stood as the website suddenly refused to recognise me as the account holder, even though I'd logged in. I couldn't get a response from X, so I tried 150. When I got through I explained the issue and was told they'd get in touch with the tech department. I was put on hold for several minutes only to be told afterwards that I need to pass security (which would normally be done straight away!) and THEN told to wait whilst they got in touch with the tech team! After waiting for some time I gave up and, not having any response from X staff, I added another message making it quite clear I felt as though my custom was no longer required, perhaps due to my previous complaints.

The following day, someone from X DID respond and agreed that the incidents on the 150 call were unusual. He sorted out the website issues, for which I was very grateful, and proceeded with an additional line order online. All well and good.... not.

The following morning (ie today), after receiving an email confirmation of my online order yesterday, I could find no reference to my order online, or via the EE app. I again started a discourse on X to find out why. 

At around lunchtime I missed a call (I was working) from EE asking me to contact them about my order and if I didn't contact them back it would be cancelled. I immediately rang back, put on hold for 30 minutes and when I finally got connected, was told a bizarre story about a delay to my order because the last character on my postcode was left off. 

Having been at my present address since 2019 and having made two orders from EE since then I said that I found that hard to believe. I was told I'd be put on a 'very quick hold'. Several minutes later, I had to terminate the call due to work. I also checked the email confirmation which had the delivery address with full postcode, which has led me, not unreasonably I believe, that I'm not required as a customer any more. 

No-one from EE has chased this up (return call, email, text). Bearing in mind my order is for a flagship I find this astonishing. I have also had no response to my messages to EE via X today. 

Is there anyone who can tell me what's going on? Sorry it's been so long-winded but there was a lot to tell. 

Dave Payn

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DaveP1963 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear of your experience, but thank you for sharing it. 

We don't have access to your account here in the community, so I can't see what's happening with your order. The Social Media team will reply to your messages and do their best to help you when they pick them up.

I'd love it if you can keep us posted here on what happens.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Chris

DaveP1963
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm just 'thinking out loud' when I say that I'm jiggered that EE would make it so problematic to either upgrade early or buy an additional device, unless they really are spectacularly short of staff in the customer service department, or fed up with complaints about a lack of signal going back three months. 

I do work for another mobile network so I am aware of how busy it can get, particularly when there are long-term network issues (which we've had, believe me) but we would never leave potential customers hanging in the air, not knowing what's going on when there's a problem with an order.

Christopher_G

I understand, @DaveP1963 and we don't want you hanging on. Have you heard from the Social Media team yet?

Chris

DaveP1963
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Nope.

DaveP1963
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

And this query was initiated nearly 28 hours ago on X. 

I have asked them to cancel the order (which it seems, they were going to do anyway) and refund the £30 upfront cost. Maybe that's why they've gone quiet....

Christopher_G

Sorry to hear that, @DaveP1963.

They will be back in touch with you. If you would like to speak to someone in the mean time, you'd need to call the customer service team again.

Chris

DaveP1963
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion but I don't wish to be kept waiting some 30 minutes to get through only to be repeatedly put on hold afterwards.