cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade interim period

RosinaP291
Explorer

What happens to my existing phone and contract once i order an upgrade online? I am currently abroad and won't be able to collect my new phone for 5 days - will my existing contract and phone continue to work as usual until I collect my new phone? or does my contract switch over straight away on my old phone? As i'm abroad for work I can't have any issues with it suddenly not working out here. But I wanted it to be ready for the day I arrive back home. Or is it better to just sort it all out when i'm home if there are likely to be issues with my existing phone?

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RosinaP291 

Welcome to the community.

The plan changes over as the phone is dispatched. You'll still be able to continue using your current SIM card. Whereabouts are you? Was your current plan taken out before or after 7 July 2021?

Chris

So it won’t affect me being able to use my current phone and sim at the moment? I am in France. And yes my contract was in 2019. 
my new contract will include the roaming pass  still

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

It shouldn't affect it at all, @RosinaP291. Roaming will still be enabled on your account and you can continue to use your old SIM. You may need to set up the roaming pass, if you have it as an inclusive extra.

Chris