cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade In - Upgrade

Ar16
Visitor

I chose to upgrade my Iphone 14 Pro early because the EE app/site showed me 'Trade in and get up to £336' blah blah and I was eligible to upgrade early for free. So I thought why not, I'll get a new phone and going by what all the EE Trade In info says I could get up to £336 into my bank. However, I traded my phone in and it was received two weeks ago by EE and I have heard nothing from them since. I don't know how much my trade in phone is worth, how much I can be expecting or anything. I tried speaking to them on Live Chat however I feel like nobody was understanding my frustrations, I was told that the trade in value just comes off of my monthly bills to make them cheaper? Frustrating because the Trade In page on EE gives different options, one being the one I mainly wanted and was to receive the value of the phone into my bank. Also, I did almost trade my phone in late and I was told if I don't trade my phone in then an amount of £500, a little more than that, would be added onto my next bill. And I bet that would have went on instantly, unlike hearing about what my phone was worth. 

Has anybody else upgraded early and traded in their phone as part of that upgrade? Would appreciate finding out what has happened with other people, if they got money into their bank or money off of their monthly bills throughout their contract. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Ar16

Welcome to the EE community. 

I am sorry to hear there has not yet been any update.

Has our customer care team been able to track your trade in?

The information is correct that the trade in amount does not get paid directly into your bank. 

Speak soon, 

Katie