cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttle speeds on unlimited max speed contract

HarleyBlue
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently upgraded my contract to faster speeds, my connection is perfect to the antenna but I've seen I'm being throttled again like before going from over 140mbps to less than 35 which is ridiculous. I've ran everything in most forums and contacted steam too but its always the same thing... EE. Now I'm thinking of contacting my bank and stopping direct debit until they can finally stop messing about. And I wonder how long before they say there are issues in the area like the last few years. 

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @HarleyBlue 

No such contract as unlimited. Unlimited is 600GB as detailed in your contract. 

The issue you maybe having could be a local network issues or just traffic via your local mast (most likely) at certain times.

Stopping your direct debit may impact your credit score if your bills default. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

It turns out over the last few years my contract wasn't updated, I've just has a chat with them over the phone and after about an hour they offered me a change in my plan to home broadband or something similar.  So when transferred he offered me what I was supposed to be on from a few years ago and what I thought I switched to a few weeks ago when I noticed something not right in my contact. He apologized that they sent out a new sim but didn't update the system to the plan and from then I followed up about fair use policy on data and speeds which he responded "about the plan I thought I was on has no limit". I had to make sure by asking him "what happens if I download all my games from steam, lets say over 1tb?" and his response was "they will not throttle my speeds at any amount on this plan." 

So currently waiting on a call back as the system was having issues at the time of call but from what was explained, I will be soon having my contract changed again and a new sim ion the post but not listed as a mobile sim for my hub but under home broadband. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HarleyBlue 

Thanks for the update, please let us know what happens when the team call you back 🙂

Leanne.

Drpau
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

On top of network traffic you should also check which band is set as your primary carrier. If my primary is 1800mhz I get between 30 and 100meg but if it's 2600mhz as primary then I get 100 to 200meg. Some routers allow you to alter this which allows you to maximise speed. I find now that EE tend to switch of certain bands at night (to save energy?) So has to be reset to my chosen band each day now.

HarleyBlue
Contributor
Contributor

I had to call them back as I heard no update and upon calling they "lost" all the call details so had to go through it all again and surprise surprise they tried to get me on a contract with the same cap on fair use data. So I'm now thinking of requesting the recorded phone calls to take some action as I was told on the phone in the morning there is no limit on fair use so no date cap or speed throttle even past 1TB a month for the plan they wanted me to switch to.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HarleyBlue 

I'm sorry to hear that you may have been given some wrong information. You can see information on our fair usage policy on our pay monthly terms and conditions.

Chris