cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering a mobile number

shadowhunter2OO
Visitor

Hi there

I had a mobile contract with EE about 2 years ago, Whilst i was away working during this period (im not sure at what point) the contract ended and when i came back i didnt have access to the old sim or mobile with which i had the contract

I was wondering if there was any possible way to recover that mobile number (which was ***********) as it is tied into practically every account i have and i can not log into any of my social platforms, emails or other accounts without that number

Any help or advice especially from the EE help team on recovering this number would be much appreciated as it has put me in a pretty dire situation as you can imagine.

s

S

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Once you cancel a contract w/out porting the no. somewhere, you relinquish the no.

In such a position when you require to keep the no. you should have it moved to PAYG when you cancel the contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@shadowhunter2OO wrote:

I had a mobile contract with EE about 2 years ago, Whilst i was away working during this period (im not sure at what point) the contract ended

EE's mobile contracts don't just end, they just finish a minimum term.

The only way a pay-monthly contract ends is by the account holder explicitly giving disconnection notice or porting to another network.

I'm presuming that the "ending" the OP alludes to is actually a cancellation. Otherwise hopefully the OP would've been aware of paying out monthly for it, or if he wasn't paying out then EE would have closed it for him with debts owing.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I agree, but as with any popular misconception, correcting in the open assists users who don't otherwise realise.