cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Charge on my phone bill for call to number 0904 111 0549 - unknown to me

Kezza007
Visitor

Hello, I just found out the same thing from EE.  I don't remember calling this numer 0904 0121609. 

Is this a joke? I now have £52 charged to my account.

10 REPLIES 10
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Kezza007

Our customer care team will be able to provide full details of this call such as date, times and call length. 

I would recommend getting in touch so they can look into this further. 

Katie 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kezza007 : That's a Premium Rate no. to which you were on for 12 mins.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Konrad83
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have this same problem they charged me 180 do you know what is that please 

Leanne_T

Hi @Konrad83

This is a premium rate number, sorry we don't have details on which company or organisation uses this number. 

Is the number showing in your phone contact list? 

Leanne.

Hi is a froud because I never call any number please 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @Konrad83

Is the number showing in your phone dialled list? 

Leanne.

Hi is 2 number please

09041118112 is £150.24

09041118061 and £25.98 

Is not the number I call before or I know. 

Nick_39
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, I'm seeing this problem a lot lately.

Did you use Google to look for a phone number for an organisation????

When you Google things like British Gas customer service number, there are deceptive websites in the search results that say click here to call them or it will show the number but when you select it, it actually dials a premium rate number. 

Yes you will get through to the actual organisation but an unscrupulous company has set up a premium rate number and diverting the call to the genuine number. This is how you think you never called a premium rate number.

You should block access to Premium rate numbers which you can do using the My EE app or by calling customer services. 09 premium rate phone numbers are becoming completely irrelevant for most people and its your responsibility to make sure these numbers aren't called from your phone.

In future always use the BT phone book website www.118500.com or yellow pages yell.com to find a telephone number

Another way this number could have been called is a dodgy App on your phone. When you install apps, you will see a message asking for permission for things like Access to photos,audio and permission for the app to make calls, so it is possible. Do an audit of apps on your phone and anything suspicious or unused get it uninstalled

Christopher_G

Hi @Konrad83 

I would recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can check your account and discuss this with you further.

Chris