Plan.com

PhilStew
Explorer

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from Plan.com.  They claimed to be working in partnership with EE and were offering to give me an upgrade.  I was suspicious as they didn't have much of my information to hand.  The number they used to call me was:07488808135.  Was this a legitimate call?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PhilStew 

Plan.com are a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), who are partnered with BT Wholesale. They have their own customer base that use the EE mobile network. 

If you would like to upgrade directly with EE, you can do so through your EE Online account.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G

Hi @PhilStew 

Plan.com are a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), who are partnered with BT Wholesale. They have their own customer base that use the EE mobile network. 

If you would like to upgrade directly with EE, you can do so through your EE Online account.

Chris

@PhilStew  Basically they was trying to get you to change network providers ie go with them but not actually giving you that information and saying it was an upgrade 

@Christopher_G  Thats disgraceful that a NVNO network was trying to do that and cover it as an upgrade.  I think  someone should be having a world with them about underhanded sale tactics.  

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me and clearing that up.  That's good to know but I would much rather deal with EE directly.

Thanks again.

Phil

Dear Chris,

I too have been contacted by plan.com. I thought I was talking to EE so I proceeded as I have been with the company for quite a few years. They sent me a letter and a sim card. I took the sim card to the local EE branch in Clydebank, Scotland. G82. Staff inserted the card but it did not work. We re-inserted the original sim card. A few days later it's obsolete. I returned to the shop. Manager said I was no longer an EE customer; they couldn't help. Situation atm: no calls/texts/emails. I have a family member critically ill in hospital and no-one can contact me. My means of communication are extremely limited. 

My number ends in 928. Pin number as of 29.09.23 - ends ***. From those details you could contact me on Facebook or I will come back tomorrow morning to check for answers. I really need help and advice, please. 

MO5411.

[Mod edit: personal details removed from the forum]

Leanne_T

Hi there @MO5411 

I am very sorry to hear about your family member and understand how important having service at this time would be. 

If the contract is now with Plan.com we won't have any access to the account and to get this sorted for you. Please get in touch with Plan.com and they can get this fully looked into for you. 

Leanne.

jk52
Visitor

They call me daily from 0121-732-9735. I'm starting to get slightly irritated.

Leanne_T

Hi @jk52 

Have you blocked the number from calling you in your phone settings? 

Leanne.