cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone contract

Jamiethemate
Visitor

Hello, so basically my phone is on contract with EE but my friend took out the contract, we have had abit of a falling out but I’ve always payed him the money every month, it is coming towards the last 2 months of the contract and he has cancelled the phone contract or reported it stolen I’m not sure what he has done all I know is I cannot now make,receive or send texts from the phone I’ve paid for every month without fail I have all the bank statements the phones Apple ID is registered in my name and it was delivered to my house 2 times please could I have some advice on what to do please 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamiethemate  There’s nothing you can do the EE account isn’t in your name,  legally you don’t own the device and are not responsible for it.    Only the account holder can remove the blacklisting from the device     

You are not legally responsible to continue paying for this contract but the account holder is. 
Until the account holder calls customer services to sort this the account holder will still have to pay for the remaining two months of that contract.    

only the account holder can call customer services to request a device be blocked or cancel the contract once it’s gets to its minimum term. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How have you paid the money each month? I hope your friend has not put you down as the Bill Payer by a DD on his a/c. If he has you better cancel it at your bank.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)