And now i'm paying nearly 30 a month for the last 2 months

**bleep**?

Is this some kind of ee scam?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The increase from March was the contractual annual CPI + 3.9% = 14.4% price rise - see Price changes 2023 .

The increase for the last 2 months was down to the expiry of the initial 6 months 50% discount.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DoctorBlue52
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Did you have some form of discounted plan that lasted so many months? Have you accidentally added a chargable pack like extra data or roam pass? It's worth checking your recent bills and comparing them to previous ones to see if there is any explanation if you haven't done already. You can find bills in the my ee app and download each one. If you can't see what's happened I'd give 150 a call 

As i remember i had a christmas deal for 12quid a month for 24months i guess..

Last 2 bills 28quid

All the previous ones 12-14quid

DoctorBlue52
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can you see any discounts that have dropped off in your bills or any extra charges? Give 150 a call in the morning and they'll be able to look into it for you. As it's a sim only deal you'll be able to upgrade to a different one now, speak with customer service about some options and see if you can save some money 

I have just checked the current sim only deals.

Pay 1/2 price for 3-6months.... 

Im pretty sure my christmas deal was 12 or £14 for 24 months...Not sure anymore lol

Nope no discounts...Simply the bill has doubled...Wierd

DoctorBlue52
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That is strange! give 150 a call and they'll have a look into it for you and get any issues resolved. 

In your previous bills you should be able to see some discounts or at least the plan name i.e. essential plan 25gb £12, or something like that, has the plan name changed at all when comparing your bills? 

I just checked my contract

Indeed it says 50% discount for the first 6 months.

I like how they put £12 a month( once in a lifetime christmas opportunity)

but once you start reading whole terms and condition on the 100th page it says after 6 months u pay full amount.😂

Thanks anyways 😍

DoctorBlue52
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Might be worth seeing if you can change to one of the other sims on offer then, as its sim only you should be able to! 

Glad we could find out the reason for the price change tho! Alought it would've been nice if it was easier for you to find! it would be awesome if you can give me a lil thumbs up, im just sad like that 😅 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The increase from March was the contractual annual CPI + 3.9% = 14.4% price rise - see Price changes 2023 .

The increase for the last 2 months was down to the expiry of the initial 6 months 50% discount.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)