cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Joiner

MJC030
Contributor
Contributor

I I only joined EE on Wednesday from Plusnet and was surprised to see an additional outstanding bill from last month of £50 added to my account. No mention that this was going to happen very disappointed with EE and am not sure that I really want to be part of a service company that treats its customers this way. Anybody else experience this treatment.

23 REPLIES 23
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@MJC030   as per other similar queries, it is likley to include a £50 deposit for roaming. If it is not something you need, just give CS a call to have it removed.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Contracts-Billing/Plusnet-is-closing/td-p/1267762 

Thank you for taking time to reply just phoning is easier said than done I waited 45 minutes earlier and have to give up as the dog had all four legs crossed will try again Monday.

MJC030
Contributor
Contributor

The plot thickens. I contacted EE via web chat and conversed with a Rep. I stated the facts and a complaint was raised. Further ongoing work from the Rep reported that the £50 was a deposited for the service and that it would be returned once I had proved to be a good customer. I asked about why my statement said that I had an outstanding sum of £50 from las month, I only joined EE last Wednesday and I must pay it immediately, very intimidating wording on the statement. Additionally I asked about my order as I have the order email from customer services stating that I would retain my old plusnet telephone number. The EERep stated that my account did not state that fact although I reminded her I had an email order from EE Customer Services stating that I would. Granted that issue was resolved when I trawled through my records and proved the EE Rep with my original telephone number and PAC for a second time. I was told that £44 has been returned to my account, not yet showing on my banking App. Additionally the EE Rep stated that the £50 charge was there as my credit rating wasn’t sufficient. Fair enough I said but bearing in mind my EE contract is for £6 a month yes £6 only it is necessary for me to pay £50 deposited as security, I make that just under 900per cent of my monthly bill, incredible. Now just to make matters worse the EE Rep asked was I happy to close down the complaint I stated that I was happy that £44 had been returned to my account, although not yet showing and that the number transfer was progressing but we still needed to keep the complaint active as we needed to resolve why the order didn’t proceed as expected, the wording on the bill needs to be looked at and charging somebody almost 900% of their monthly fee as a deposited need further clarity. Just as I finished typing this to the Rep I received a text thanking me for cancelling my complaint. I then stated to the Rep that I had received the text telling me the complaint was cancelled and I wasn’t happy with that. She stated that it had been cancelled and there was nothing that she could do. Oh well back to phoning 150 and starting all over again. Sorry to bore you

Peterkevinmccan
Investigator
Investigator

Had exactly the same issue. Phone chat with Customer Sercices Rep and was told this charge was a deposit - no mention of that when placed order. Told it could be removed and would be. Got confirmation that charge would be removed in 30mins - 2 days later charge still showing. Phones EE and told charge removed - can’t access my account on app, but via internet still showing. Today, 7 days after first chat, showing “thanks for

paying your £56 bill” - Not impressed this far!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Peterkevinmccan,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Had your first bill already been produced when the refund was requested?

James

Only noticed £50 ‘additional charge’ by way of ‘carried forward from your last bill’ message - as I had only just moved from PlusNet knew this must be a mistake. Had 2 online chats; first saying charge would be removed within 30 mins, second that charge had been removed. Had text message from EE stating charge had been removed. Couldn’t access bill via app, but ‘Home Page’ still showed £50 charge. Accessed account via web page and nothing changes. Called EE twice and was told charge not showing on account (it is on mine via web); yesterday had a ‘thanks for paying charge via DD…’ which is due tomorrow. Does anyone at EE know what is going on?

Not boring at all, I'm beginning to, no not beginning, am now convinced that EE are a disgrace to the COMS business. I've been round and round in circles for days trying to cancel a contract which I already cancelled weeks ago. I will try again today. Wish me luck.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Peterkevinmccan,

If your first bill was produced before the refund was processed, the refunded amount will be credited to your second bill.

If you're unsure if this is the case, our Customer Care Team will be happy to check.

James

So to be fair to EE, number has been changed £44 refunded to my bank account but still no real reason why this happen. I am keeping my complaint open just so as EE can investigate further why this easy transfer from Plusnet to EE has been so protracted. I convinced a 90 year old friend of mine who was with plusnet to accept the EE deal. I did it for him with exactly the same results therefore I raised a complaint for him. I will await formal responses from EE before I assist my 93 year old Plusnet friend from transferring. I am sure EE are a good company but something in the transfer process has gone seriously wrong.