cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Joiner

MJC030
Contributor
Contributor

I I only joined EE on Wednesday from Plusnet and was surprised to see an additional outstanding bill from last month of £50 added to my account. No mention that this was going to happen very disappointed with EE and am not sure that I really want to be part of a service company that treats its customers this way. Anybody else experience this treatment.

23 REPLIES 23
Peterkevinmccan
Investigator
Investigator

Update. Right up to Monday 2 Jul my account - well what was accessible on the app - thanked me for paying £56 by direct debit. Called 150 again yesterday morning, following the receipt of paper bill (apparently you get this for first bill only) - as yet no direct debit taken from bank - spoke to a lovely lady in Newcastle, who confirmed following: the £50 deposit charge had indeed been waived - it was not showing on my account as a outstanding debt. She stated that everyone had a £50 deposit taken - really? I asked why this £50 deposit was not highlighted, nor indeed mentioned in any of the ‘sign up’ application process, I also stated that I could find no mention in the lengthy T&Cs and would be obliged if this could be pointed out - I wasn’t given an answer. However, today my EE direct debit came out of my account - £6! Though still no access to bill via app or web. So eventually, after numerous phone calls, web chats and texts, all is resolved. However, as a communication company, EE are proving that they are not meeting the basics. If, and this seems a big ‘if’ this £50 charge is legitimate, then EE have to highlight this in the application process, to allow customers to make an informed choice; I’m still dubious about the charge and, if not resolved, I would have contacted the Regulator; initially, I thought this is a ‘sledgehammer to crack a nut’ but how many customers are/have been affected? How much additional money have EE taken? No doubt some will struggle to pay a £50 fee up front! Come on EE, just be fair and don’t make customers have to chase you, to stop you taking funds from customers which isn’t owed to you.

We have had a similar experience. Both my wife and I can see on the app that we each have paid £56 by direct debit, though our joint bank account only shows  one £56 payment has gone out. There seems to be no EE reference on our First Direct app to indicate which EE account this was - we have both been told by various EE CS advisors, online chat assistants or so-called supervisors and complaints handlers that either the £50 has been marked for a refund or cancelled. Still at least we are only £50 out of picket rather than the £100 originally demanded. I tried speaking to Plusnet yesterday to say that in contrast to their message that there would be no charge to transfer to EE, there was an unannounced £50 being taken by EE. The chap I got after a very long wait indicated that we weren’t alone but said that as we had impeccable payment histories with Plusnet there was no way EE should be demanding deposits. Interestingly he said he was an ex-EE employee and he was able to access both of our EE accounts and gave what I think was a true picture in that the £50 had been removed from my account and was shown as refund in process on my wife’s - information that EE seems unable to give. To cap it all we have wasted a day or more of our holiday dealing with this matter and will certainly be looking for a new mobile provider when we return next week.

Well done I tried to select helpful but this action couldn’t be completed on this app.

It’s worked now very helpful.