cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mum's contract?

Sueychop1
Explorer

Hi, I have power of attorney for my mother who has lost capacity.  I now need to cancel her phone contract that she's had for over 10 years, so can I just cancel the direct debit to cancel the contract? I'm assuming there's no tie ins at this stage now.

I don't know how else I'm going to do it 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, cancelling a DD does not remove your debt.

If you are wanting to cease your mobile contract completely you need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your contract. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your reply.

My Mum just left her contract ticking over after it had finished, for around 10 years now, so there's no liability left. Is there any online chat, or email that I can use to give the 30 days notice?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE mobile contracts, in common with UK telecoms provision, operate on a rolling 30day notice with a minimum term. Popular teminology is that the contract "ends" when all that happens is the minimum term finishes and no penalties are incurred for cancellation.

EE offer no email contact for CS or contract cancellation, there is info on the process at https://ee.co.uk/help/profile/leaving-ee/cancel-my-contract-with-ee 

Edited to add that you will likely need to register your POA if not done so already: Info under "ill health" on https://ee.co.uk/help/profile/manage/change-my-account-in-the-case-of-a-life-event