Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold business contract & forged signature

SaintSugarLdn
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I am writing here to complain and warn other small businesses like mine about signing with EE after the awful experience I received.  We run a bakery business in London with many sites from Brick Lane to Covent Garden ,and having been a long lasting personal customer with EE, I convinced my wife and business partner to move her phone account with EE.  At the time to move our personal accounts to a business one, I was offered an extra mobile phone in addition to mine and my wife was offered a free laptop. Nobody warned us in the Brent Cross EE shop  that the extra phone number and the laptop, both offered for free,  included 2 extra lines with contracts attached. After un upgrade, checking my bills, I noticed the extra tariffs and astronomical charges. Due to the misleading sale, We ended up involuntarily with 4 phone lines with 4 different charges. I returned to the local EE branch in Brent Cross shopping centre and I was told to call 150 in order to cancel the unwanted phone numbers. Speaking on the phone with members of the customer service, I was sent via email the apparent original contract signed by me. To my surprise, the signature on it was not mine and I could not in any way remember signing it in the way it was written. Moreover, asking about the second contract for my wife's phone and free laptop, the customer service staff in the business department on the phone told me that it could not be disclosed and tried to discourage me to go back to the EE shop to complaint.  All the experience seemed so dodgy and fake with forged signature and contracts impossible to disclose. Unfortunately, I have been reading  many posts in this forum with unwary customers subjected to the same practices of pushy sales and mis-sold contracts. I will seek legal advice and keep copy of this post for future references. 

xxxx xxxxxxxxx 

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxx

xxxxxx xxx-xxx, xxxxxx xxxxx, xxxxxx xxxx.

xxxxxx xxx xxx

tel. xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx 

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SaintSugarLdn,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a moment.

Thanks

James

SaintSugarLdn
Investigator
Investigator

Still no news from the support team after one week. I will go to the EE branch in Brent Cross asking to see the alleged contracts I signed. It feels like a scam. 

James_B

I've sent you a private message @SaintSugarLdn 

James

SaintSugarLdn
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I went in store and even spoke on the phone with someone from your customer support team. They were unable to help me because my business contract is over one year old. All the experience was useless and I will leave EE as soon as possible. I have been charged extortionate fees for months because of mis - sold business contracts. 

Leanne_T

Hi @SaintSugarLdn 

I am sorry to hear this. 

I have sent you a private message for some details. 

Leanne.

@SaintSugarLdn   You got free devices as in no upfront cost for those devices,  but all devices will have a contract attached to them. EE don’t give you free devices that need a network connection in order to work.  

Hi, 

Nobody in the EE store informed me at that time. Your colleagues offered me an extra phone line and a tablet for free. I didn't ask for them and I didn't want anything extra. It's an unfair and misleading sale practice done to a long - lasting business customer. I assume the young sales assistant who did it and has since left the EE store in Brent Cross  was pushed by the management to upsell your products . That's a complete loss of trust and disgracefully cheap customer service.