I feel ripped off

CK232
Investigator
Investigator

I was sold an upgrade to a S23 Ultra for £88 a month. 

The phone is the complete opposite of what I was told in store. You phone agent has informed me that I can not return a phone I bought from the store. Apparently when you buy a phone from the store, you agree to a no return policy. Is that true? 

Why do your inshore agents lie about phones. Can I please escalate to another team? I will not pay £88 a month for something with no special features at all. Did Samsung ask you to lie wbout their phones? The camera is the same as my previous phone and,  the battery is draining every sec. Please help, I feel ripped off . This phone is not worth it at all. 

19 REPLIES 19
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @CK232 

Most Android phones take time to analyse your usage and disable apps, which in turn imprives performance. Youre probably using it more at the moment to install your apps/downoad profilees etc. 

The camera is the best. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm - Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 8pm.
chistery
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

What special features were you expecting?

36 hour battery , a really good camera and no freezing. This phone could be reconditioned because non of these app lies.

Y

/

Did I mention anywhere that I upgraded within a year? If you have nothing to say please ignore other people's messages.  

I am not one to be bullied. Read my messages well. I said my phonescreen had cracked and completely went off. That is the only reason I went in store otherwise I would have done it all. I repeat, the phone is not worth it so if you are looking for battles to fight, go somewhere else.  

So even if I had done my own research, I would still expect the phone to be that what they sell it to be. The phone is not what I expected, they sold it to me clearly stating the battery goes 36 hours non stop yet I have charged 3 times in the past 10 hours. Clearly something is not right. The pen has motion issues and so much more.   Whatever your opinion is, mine too matters and still stands as that. 

Thanks for your opinion

chistery
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

As others have said, the battery stats need time to learn about your usage, it won't give a reliable figure on day one. 

Try running through the phone diagnostics, that will test the screen and pen, and see if there's any issues. 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Instore purchases in EE retail stores don't come with any cooling off-period because you can physically inspect the goods first. You are subsequently free to purchase or walk away if unsure.

Online or telesales purchases come with 14days statutory return as a matter of course.

No one in this thread is responding as EE staff, merely as other users.

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@CK232 wrote:

The same contract 24 months is £20 less on EE website.

Then why not buy from the EE online Shop & get yourself a statutory cooling-off period during which you could open the box & try it out?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CK232,

Welcome to the EE Community 🙂

As some other users have mentioned, the S23 Ultra has an adaptive battery feature which can cause higher battery drain while the phone learns your habits. This can take a week or two to take affect.

There are other ways to extend battery life, including reducing screen brightness, enabling power saving mode and disabling the battery protection function (Which limits charging capacity to 85%).

Hope this helps.

James

No one mentioned that so I don't want to be with a phone that has issues from day one.  How long does it need to adjust? I don't want to be stuck with it. As a consumer, there should be a law to protect me. I was told 36 hours and my phone ain't doing that. So then I have a feeling you also sell reconditioned phones and this is one of them

I will take it back and if it is a manufacturing issue, I believe EE can sort that out with Samsung. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CK232,

It can take a week or two for the adaptive battery feature to do its thing.

If the phone isn't labelled as 'good as new' on your invoice, it is a brand new phone.

James