cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going up again **bleep**

Trika69
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve just received a notice that my mobile is going up nearly £4.00 a month I can’t wait for Nov when my contract is up.  I shall be getting sim only. 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Trika69 : You agreed to it when you took out contract. It's the contractual Annual Price Changes on EE

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Has @XRaySpeX has pointed out, you agreed to it when you took out your contract. Also, moving to sim only, you will still get your bill going up every March/April. The only way to avoid this increase is to move to pay as you go. 

@Fatboy71 wrote:

Also, moving to sim only, you will still get your bill going up every March/April. The only way to avoid this increase is to move to pay as you go. 

You can mitigate the increase by splitting your airtime payments from your phone/hardware costs. The airtime plan is still increased annually, but not the device repayments.

Either FlexPay or a SIM-only setup, would achieve these aims.

@bristolian wrote:

You can mitigate the increase by splitting your airtime payments from your phone/hardware costs. The airtime plan is still increased annually, but not the device repayments.

Either FlexPay or a SIM-only setup, would achieve these aims.

Not sure if I have understood you correctly, but sim only does increase annually. I am on a sim only plan and it does increase every March/April. 

@Fatboy71 : Yes it does, but on a lower cost than it would be with a traditional handset plan.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)