cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend's and Family

Beany96
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi I upgraded to a iPhone 15 pro max and at time of purchase was told I’d keep friends and family, yet after sale agreed I get a text saying it’s finished. My question is was the woman I just spoke to on the phone telling me lies or is it true EE no longer allows friends and family on accounts as of as she said 4th October this year? I upgraded on the basis of 30% discount so I’m quite unhappy to say the least. Else phone will be sent back and I’m going elsewhere 

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beany96 

Welcome to the community.

There have been some changes to our Friends and Family discount recently. When and how did you order? Is it a flex pay plan that you chose?

Chris

Just the standard 24 month all in plan, as for some reason not eligible for flex plan even though never missed one bill! 

Beany96
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I ordered online via live chat 

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us @Beany96

When did you place your order?

Katie

Shireenp92
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, did you get this sorted or no? I’m in the same position. 

BobL-B
Investigator
Investigator

Nope, not so far, but working on it.  I have been a Customer Service Director for a number of years, so in return I expect service

nirave
Explorer

Hi, was this ever resolved? I'm being told that Friends and Family is no longer valid on the my account despite having had it for 10+ years and upgrading to a sim only a free months ago where I was told it's still valid. 

@Christopher_G can you confirm if EE Friends and Family has been changed, and if so, when? I need to verify as if it's no longer available on upgrades, I'll be looking to cancel my sim only as I only upgraded on the basis that I'd be able to upgrade later and keep my friends and family discount.

Can I also say that customer service has gone really downhill. I called up twice and had two very different set of answers - there was a time I liked EE support but now it's gone so downhill!

Katie_B

Hello @nirave

Welcome to the community. 

You are not required to provide a new code when upgrading. 

Could you please confirm what it is you are upgrading to? our Friends and Family discount has now changed.

The Discount entitles the friend or family member joining or upgrading on EE to 50% off Sim Only EE pay monthly plans or Airtime Plans when you take an eligible Flex Pay plan from EE. The plan must have a minimum term of 12 months or more.

Speak soon, 

Katie