cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan sim

Saviour008
Contributor
Contributor

I have EE full fibre and myself and wife have EE sims...

I have just been told that I am not eligible to add a family sim plan for my Children.

Surely it would make sense to have all my bills in one place, I'm offering EE more custom, and now I will be paying another provider each month.

Poor from EE .... 

16 REPLIES 16
bristolian
Legend
Legend

What do you understand by "family SIM plan"? Family plans were stopped quite a few years ago, in favour of data-sharing.

All users on the same pay-monthly billing account have their own independent plan, but are able to share data between themselves.

Connect the whole family for less with our Multi-Line Discount. Add other family members to your account and we'll give you up to 30% off every new line. We know every family is different, that's why we offer the flexibility to choose from a range of data allowances across our plans.

I would be the account holder taking care of my Family. 

Makes sense to me. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

That's the standard multi-line discount for an existing account holder adding extra subscriptions. Whom or what has said that you're not eligible?

@bristolian : Family A/c's are the current terminology. It's Shared A/c's that are extinct.

See Family Account | Multi-Line Discount & Data Gifting

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I just wanted some extra sim for my Children, add this to my existing account..

I am not asking for a mobile phone contract.

Spoke with EE on live chat , was told No. 

Rather strange.

Now I will have to go with another provider 

@Saviour008 wrote:

I just wanted some extra sim for my Children, add this to my existing account..

I am not asking for a mobile phone contract.

Spoke with EE on live chat , was told No. 

You can only have one SIM per mobile number, the premise of the family/shared account that you are seeking is an additional subscription, with its own contract but added to your existing billing account.

The shared billing account creates the ability to share data.

OK. 

So is that not possible then. 

I already have a sim for £9 Month with Unlimited data, calls and text with Full fibre 900Mbps.

Really don't see what the problem is adding a few extra . 

1. If someone called the no. who would receive the call? That's a routing issue.
  2. Why should EE give away free extra contract SIMs for no income? That's a commercial decision.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

First of all EE would not be giving away anything for free. I would be paying for the service.  Just the same way I am for my BB and phone line