Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing credit check

Jon1310
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I was informed I failed the credit check but my credit score is in 800s+ and when I ask why I failed they said oh we can't say it's under data protection act. So I was wondering how can you fail a credit check if my score 800+ and I pay all my bills on time 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jon1310 : These credit scores are merely a marketing tool on the part of the credit rating firms & are not considered by EE. What matters is your credit, residence & electoral roll history.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

My credit score is high, I lived in one place for 20+ years and I had a stable job for a few years 

Hi @Jon1310 

As what @XRaySpeX  said, nothing but marketing spin. 

EE like every lender has its own criteria for credit acceptance. It could be many factors like what you applied for, the amount of credit you have already or one of many different factors. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi,

When I asked the sales guy why it failed he just said oh I can't say under data protection act but he was happy to give me the email to ask them, then he said oh I'll try and ask my manager to override the internal system and also said that I now qualify for pixel 7 then 2 hours later after contacting him. He went no, you now don't qualify, it's like they only want people with awful credit. My friend was accepted for an iPhone that was £56 a month and his friend credit score is so bad but I failed credit score checkers even though I pay everything on time. 

XboxGamer1987
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hello

People with a Good or Bad Credit rating can get turned down.  Even if you haven't had Credit in the past.

They recommend you should wait 6 months before trying again to try for a contract.