Investigator
Investigator

Hi just got a quick question 

I have had an equipment charge added on to my first bill  it says 

Equipment credit for iPhone 15 128gb blue -£730 

iPhone 15 128gb blue £760

total - £30

My monthly charge should be £50.40 

I was wondering if I will be charged the equipment charge every month or if it’s only a one time payment and if my bill will go back down to £50.40 a month 

Thanks to everyone who will take time to answer this.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ZELEMMONS   Thats equipment credit.  
You’ve  got credit of £730 for the device.  You’ve already paid a £30 upfront cost.     £760 total 

You’ve been charged £50.40 as that’s your tariff price.  

So will I need to pay that extra £30 every month or was that for this month only?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No, you won't need to pay the upfront charge again @ZELEMMONS 

James

Okay thank you

i was only confused as I had already paid £30 upfront for the phone and a £100 deposit 

so I was confused when I had an £80 phone bill but as long as it’s only a one time charge I’ll be okay thank you for the help.

James_B

No problem @ZELEMMONS 🙂

James

DavidArendse
Explorer

Where is this charge disclosed in the contract initiation though? I was charged this as well on my first bill and I was not made aware that there would be this equipment cost?

@DavidArendse   You not aware of the equipment cost.  ?  You’re purchasing a phone on credit.     If you paid an upfront cost that cost is shown in the first bill.  It doesn’t mean you are paying it again.    I recommend you look over the bill carefully and see what you are actually being charged for.  Ie what’s the actual bill amount you’re being ask to pay.

I am aware of the cost that was quoted to me, what I was not aware of was that there was going to be an extra amount added to my second bill as an equipment charge. Hence my question. If it is in the T's and C's and I missed it then so be it, my mistake, but my question is simply whether or not others were made aware of the extra equipment charge that was going to be charged?

Katie_B

Hi @DavidArendse

Welcome to the community. 

The equipment charge will show on your bill but a credit will also show near the charges. 

No extra equipment charges will be added once you have made the initial payment. 

If you wish to discuss your latest bill please give our customer care team a call on 150. 

Katie 🙂