cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade to Sim Only 24 month

ben105348
Explorer

Hi All

I am due an upgrade and I'm looking to downgrade to a sim only, I am aware that there are 24/12 month plans and I can upgrade to another handset after 6 months out of 12 (as a new customer), not sure on the timescale as an existing customer

So what's the deal on a 24 month sim? Do I have to see out a year before I can upgrade again or is it different?

Can't see anywhere obvious that explains this and I'm hesitant to commit without the facts.

Thanks

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @ben105348 ,

Welcome to the community,

No, there is no time limit on sim only deals, if you want to upgrade from a sim only to a new handset as an existing customer, you can do this, hope this is the answer you were looking for.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thanks for coming back to me

That does answer my question, only other thing is would an early upgrade fee apply If i was to do this?

Thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ben105348,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can upgrade to a new phone after three months with no early upgrade fee. Or if you wait six months, you can get £20 off one of the latest phones.

Hope this helps.

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @ben105348 

@ben105348 wrote

I am due an upgrade and I'm looking to downgrade to a sim only, I am aware that there are 24/12 month plans and I can upgrade to another handset after 6 months out of 12 (as a new customer), not sure on the timescale as an existing customer

The upgrade eligibility rules are documented on Page-5 of the SIM Only price guide and I've copied below:

"Customers who have moved to a 12-month SIM only plan from a handset plan can move back to a handset plan at any time during their 12-month contract."

There is nothing documented for 24month plans specifically.