cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device/Plan seperate charges

RobS1974
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I see the breakdown of cost for the device itself and the data/calls?

I thought they are 2 seperate costs i.e when you finish your contract, you've paid for the device so your payment amount reverts to just calls/data if you stay with the provider on the same airtime plan.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No. EE's contracts have no concept of paying off the handset. You agreed to pay the same price for the full duration of the contract. There will however be a 10% discount 3 months after the end of min. term. You may always choose to upgrade your contract to a cheaper SIM-Only contract from the last 45 days of your contract term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I think you've missed my point.

Yes, I've agreed to pay the full amount for the entire duration of the contract. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

My question is what happens when I get to the end of the 24 months and decide to stay with E.E on the same data/calls plan. The price cannot remain the same as the device itself is fully paid for at this point.

I'm sure other providers illustrate the 2 costs seperately in the billing.

I believe I have in a nutshell.

When you get to the end of the 24 months min term you've haven't then yet finished your contract. These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE convinced OFCOM that a 10% discount, three months after the end of your minimum term was equivalent to a SIM only price and therefore they were not overcharging people.

If you don't have a device finance plan, at the end of your minimum term you need to do something, don't just keep paying the same price.

Makes you wonder why EE are dragging out device finance plans for new customers. 🤔

Ok. In summary, if I leave after (the minimum of) 24mths, presumably, the device must have been fully paid for but I'll continue to be billed the full £45 (approx.) indefinitely until I pro-actively change/switch. I didn't think you were allowed to do that anymore. Thanks for clarifying.

Absolutely, thank you.

No way am I going to continue paying full price after I've effectively purchased the device over the 24mths. I thought that practice was eliminated years ago!

@RobS1974 wrote:

I'll continue to be billed the full £45 (approx.) indefinitely until I pro-actively change/switch. 

Not indefinitely! After 3 months it will reduce to £40.50 (approx.) to simulate the handset cost being paid in full.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.