cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from contract to pay as you go

Roshy22
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I spoke to CS a month ago about changing my contract to pay as you go and keep my number.  They told me my contract will be cancelled on 1 December.  I got a text as I normally get every month regarding my bill payments, but nothing about any cancellations.   They will be taking payment on 4 December, even though I gave them notice.

Please can you advise, Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to me @Roshy22 

To get this looked into, please call us on 150 and our mobile guides will check the account for you and help get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Roshy22 : When was your contract term due to expire naturally?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi, my contract expired in 2018 i never upgraded, and was happy to continue until now.

Leanne_T

Hi @Roshy22 

Thanks for coming here. 

Has your account changed to pay as you go? 

If you text BALANCE to 150 what does the reply show? 

Leanne.

Roshy22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T 

My account has not changed to pay as you go, I text BALANCE  and got: 

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). Your current allowance is: Unlimited UK and EU Texts, Unlimited Roaming SMS and unlimited minutes to use in the UK, and whilst abroad in our Europe Zone. You have 18.6GB remaining of your 20.0GB data allowance. This will reset 26 Dec 2023.

I also got this text which EE normally sends before payment:

Hi from EE. We'll take your mobile bill payment on or after 04/12/2023. You can view your bill at ee.co.uk/bill  or reply BILL to this message. Please visit ee.co.uk/billing  for information on understanding your bill. Thanks

Roshys

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @Roshy22 

To get this looked into, please call us on 150 and our mobile guides will check the account for you and help get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.