Cancel

Jayc3
Investigator
Investigator

I recently opened up a new contract and took out three new devices, but unfortunately I lost those three devices in addition to this due financial circumstances and other stuff that  i can’t disclosed I afford to to pay for it anymore and I’m within the 14 days of the cool down, i was wondering if it’s possible to still cancel my contract? 

10 REPLIES 10
nothingaboutme0
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Yes, it is possible to cancel your EE contract within the 14-day cooling-off period. If you signed up for the contract online or over the phone, you can fill out a cancellation form, which can be emailed to channel.returns@ee.co.uk or sent by post to Channel Returns, Mercia House, Senhouse Road, Darlington DL1 4YB. Alternatively, you can call the Channel Returns team at 0800 079 0103.

If you signed up in an EE store, you can only cancel if you're experiencing coverage issues or if the coverage doesn't meet your expectations. You will need to visit an EE store with your receipt and any device you're returning in as-good-as-new condition, along with any other items included in the box.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Jayc3 wrote:

I recently opened up a new contract and took out three new devices, but unfortunately I lost those three device

Are you saying that you no longer have possession of the 3 devices you are contracted with? Unless you had insurance against loss/theft, that would prevent you being able to cancel any related contract.

As per the previous response, all distance sales in the UK come with a statutory 14days "change of mind" right of return, but retail store purchases don't - except for some very specific circumstances.

I don’t have the devices 

I need to replace the three devices which I have lost to be able to cancel my contract ? 

Why don't you have the devices? If they are currently on loan under a contract and have been distributed to offset any outstanding debts, then aren't they technically the property of EE until the devices are fully paid off?

I lost all three devices 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Jayc3

To find out your termination or early upgrade fee please give us a call on 150. 

Katie 🙂

@Jayc3 , how on earth did you lose three devices or were they stolen? This does not make sense, did someone take them off you?

If the devices were stolen you can report this to EE, and you do also have a 14 day cooling off period if bought online as @bristolian  has mentioned.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't avail yourself of the statutory 14-day cooling-off period if you no longer possess the devices to return. EE can only return your money when you return the devices purchased with that money.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)