cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing is just daylight robbery

Nelson31
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been with EE for less than 3mths and they already hiking my bill up what the actual f##k!!!

l was with Vodafone for almost 10yrs and I never had bills as high as this. I understood EE cost more and was willing to pay for that service but to hike my bill up so soon is nothing but a scam.

Do my contract then I’m gone and I’ll be advising everyone I know to stay clear of Extra Expensive network provider #EE 

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Nelson31 

Was your contract on a temporary discount. Any charges outside of your plan will be itemised. 

There is no account access on these forums and therefore you need to speak to EE CS on 150 about your bill. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Nelson31  Sounds like you took out a tariff that had a 3 month discount and that period is now up.     EE had a few of these and they were clearly marked as such. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your bill show the reason for these extra charges?

Had a text saying due to inflation, my bill is going to go up by a extra £6.50 per month.

I never had this off Vodafone? I signed a contract saying it was X amount for 24mths 

Just said due to inflation my bill is going up by a extra £6.50 pm

Says it’s going up end of march due to inflation,which would mean I’ve had phone for 5mths by then.

never had this with other network providers

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Mid-contract price rises are commonplace across UK network operators.

NW_Saint
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Vodafone do exactly the same thing

From the  Vodafone website “*Airtime monthly price will increase each April by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year + 3.9%.”

EE would have informed you of this price rise when you took your contract out.

@Nelson31   just to add to @NW_Saint  post Vodafone increased prices last year and the year before etc etc as it’s part of their T&Cs. They increased them the same amount as EE do CPI 3.9%.  

You agreed to a contract at the price point and the T&Cs that was agreed too when you took out this contract state a yearly price increase inline with CPi plus 3.9%.  And this would have been explained and you would have had to agree to the T&Cs before you could progress with the order.