Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Payment Taken Multiple Times

SimmersFamily
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Due to change in circumstances I had to remove my DD, and pay my bill manually via the website.  Just tried to do that and all 3 attempts showed "Payment Failed" message.

However I have 3 pending transactions on my banking app for the amount I was paying - to match the 3 times I tried it again. I also have 3 Payment Received emails on my email account.

Bill still shows as unpaid on MyEE - app & website.

So 2 questions:

1) Have or have I not paid this bill?

2) How to do get the two overpayments back as I really cannot afford this mistake.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey

Was sorted just under 24hrs later. Not sure if it was EE or my bank but the pending transactions went away in that period.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @SimmersFamily.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team about this.

They'll be able to check your account and issue a refund if the payment has been taken too many times.

Jon

Shi_tszu
Visitor

Hi there 

I have a similar thing going on: paid twice but one of the payments is pending. I’m just wondering how long it took for your pending funds to be released back into your account please? 

I’ve a feeling it will happen automatically (as the eewebsite crashed before the payment registered) and would rather swerve calling customer services if I can! 

thanks 

Hey

Was sorted just under 24hrs later. Not sure if it was EE or my bank but the pending transactions went away in that period.

Biancageorgiana
Visitor

Hi , I want to pay my bills for 2 months 

@Biancageorgiana : Then pay 2 months' worth of bills. The extra will be held over on your a/c as credit towards next bill.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
AlexGipps8
Visitor

I have just paid bill twice. Do I need to contact anyone to get reversed or will it be reversed automatically 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AlexGipps8 : Did you pay your bill manually when you had a DD in operation? If you have a DD in operation you shouldn't make a manual payment on or soon after your billing date. It is then too late to stop the DD being auto taken in full. Even if the DD fails the 1st time of asking it will be auto attempted again about 7 days later. Now the extra will be used as credit against your next bill. It won't show on your a/c until the next bill.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)