cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Paid...but it made my bank account overdrawn...

Mikeyevans_2003
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello and good morning everyone my bill has been paid (i always like to pay on time) but sad news is that EE made my bank account overdrawn so i`d had to recall my direct debit...im hoping this does not double my bill next month...

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why did you pay your bill manually when you had a DD in operation? If you have a DD in operation you shouldn't make a manual payment on or soon after your billing date. It is then too late to stop the DD being auto taken in full. Even if the DD fails the 1st time of asking it will be auto attempted again about 7 days later. Now the extra will be used as credit against your next bill. It won't show on your a/c until the next bill.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

also i did not pay it manually i`d let it go when its time this is because i had a surprise bill (a company stole like £144.50 and awaiting a refund from them)

@Mikeyevans_2003 , you will have to speak to customer service as there is no account access here, but not sure whether you will get a refund, this not EE’s fault, they have obviously taken the money they were owed, are you sure it has gone through or is it pending on your bank account?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

the transaction went through and it isn`t pending