cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Family SIM

SteveB2411
Investigator
Investigator

I had a Family SIM Plan with BT who then transferred me to EE. Do i now get a Family SIM Plan with EE or is each number on a standalone plan

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Removing & adding a no. will not change the discount. Each no. is its own separate contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @SteveB2411

Welcome to the community. 

I would recommend speaking with our customer care team who have account access and can confirm what plans you are on. 

Did you receive a confirmation email by any chance?

Katie

I received separate emails from BT advising when the numbers on my Family Plan would be moving  and separate emails when the numbers had been ported over but had nothing from EE.

It actually took EE from the 27/3/23 to the 12/4/23 and 6 attempts to get a working SIM to the correct address for 1 of my numbers.

I spoke to the customer care team yesterday as I wanted to add my Blue Light Discount on to my plan but they advised it could only be applied to 1 number only and that is why I am trying to establish if I am on a Family Plan as I believed any discount would be applied to the whole plan and not just 1 individual number.

@SteveB2411   These are all separate contracts under a family account ie the account owner is responsible for that account and has the ability to control that account .  All the contracts on that account have their own allowances any discount is only applicable to the contract that it’s being use on.  It’s not one tariff that splits an allowance over the sims on that account.  So unfortunately for all contracts to have a discount all tariffs need a to have there own discount code.  

You might want to read THIS 

If I am understanding this correctly then I should remove 1 of the numbers and apply the Blue Light discount on the remaining number then add another number to get 20% off the additional number just added.

@SteveB2411   You get disconnects for taking out additional lines on your account.   

Removing & adding a no. will not change the discount. Each no. is its own separate contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX  Ah ok, I just need to get an additional discount code and apply that to the other number. The customer care team could have advised me of that yesterday.