cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5Gb pay monthly essentials offer £9.10, account info shows £13?

carboniferous
Explorer

Yesterday I rang EE to switch from pay as you go SIM only to the current 30% off SIM only offer for 5Gb Essentials, 24 months shown costing £9.10 per month on the EE website (I have a screenshot). The Ts&Cs were shown on a weblink during the switch process; I read all 12 pages and would swear that the first page said charge was £9.10, although remaining pages referred to £13; customer service person was charmingly reassuring that it would be alright in the end, basically.

I haven't yet got a copy of the Ts&Cs and can't see a place to download them on my account,  but the plan info when I log in says I'm on 'Essential SIM 5GB £18 (£13)' with '£18 monthly' under that.

Anyone else been through this and can advise what's going on? And who to call to sort it out??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@carboniferous  that existing customer offer for 30% off is for when you already have a contract and you take out a second line on your account. 
It’s a multi line discount 

IMG_1642.png

You don’t get 30% off because you switched from PAYG to a contract. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@carboniferous  that existing customer offer for 30% off is for when you already have a contract and you take out a second line on your account. 
It’s a multi line discount 

IMG_1642.png

You don’t get 30% off because you switched from PAYG to a contract. 

Thanks, Chris. I understand what you're saying, but don't understand how it's possible to have multiple lines on a single mobile SIM only phone; can you explain with different words? 😉 

All it means is if you have some other mobile contract with EE then you'll get 30% off this 1. If you don't  have some other mobile contract with EE then you won't.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)