cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Cannot Use Their Wi-Fi Controls in the App? A Poll

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just transferred from being a BT customer to EE.

I've incurred numerous problems, one of them being unable to use my Wi-Fi controls within the App.

So, the question: " How many of us still cannot use their Wi-Fi controls within the app?"

If you respond could you please provide the following info:-

1) Android or IOS operating system.

2) Mobile model/tablet model.

3) Did you transfer from being a BT customer. - Yes/No answer required.

4) Did you change the SSID (name) and password of your EE Hub - Yes/No answere required.

I intend to make EE aware of this thread so they, and we, can see the real scale of the problem. 

35 REPLIES 35
Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'll start:

1) IOS 

2) iPhone XR

3) Yes

4) Yes

Swordfishradio
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Android

Mobile

Yes - No choice

Yes - didn't fancy change 50 plus devices

Notes: I also have 3 EE id's, Im at the wrong speed, being overcharged currently and getting random bills from 8p to £8.

Not impresed but have been promised this will all be sorted by tomorrow apart from the Hub issue I presume.

If not, Im off somewhere else where there is hopefully less hassle.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

EE New BB users only!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Steve 

1. IOS

2. IPhone XR

3. Yes 

4. No not change ssid

Camlan
Contributor
Contributor

1)  IOS

2) Iphone14

3) Yes

4) Yes

HenryTudor8
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

1) IOS

2) iPhone 13 / iPad Pro 11”

3) No

4) Yes

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

1.IOS and android 

2. Samsung and ipad

3. Yes 

4. No not change ssid

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing problems with your wifi controls. Can you ensure that your're on the latest version of the MyEE app 5.35.0 

If you login to the app store and an update is available please can you download it and try again.

If you continue to experience problems after downloading the latest app version, please can you let me know if you're getting an error message and if so post a screen shot and I'll feed this back?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

The app and hub are at the latest versions.

I can never get any further than the "Pair with your hub" button which presses and goes not further.

Screenshot_20240424_165539.jpg